As a marriage singer, you have a big task ahead of you. You need to choose the best songs to sing at a marry !
As a performer on their particular sidereal day, you are responsible for choosing songs to sing at their marry ceremony that represents the pair and their love fib. And that can feel like a fortune of pressure ! You might already know how fun ( and let ’ s expression it : lucrative ) it can be to offer marry gigs, but part of being a successful marriage singer involves knowing precisely the right songs to perform .
sometimes, the happy couple knows precisely what they want a far as the sung goes .
Curious how lessons work?
Sign up for more information about our private lessons .
Sign up successful
Some couples will provide you with a cautiously curated list of romantic wedding songs they want you to perform, while others may provide you with a certain music writing style or theme to follow. But frequently, they are surely open to suggestions from the professional !
As you ’ re working with the bride and prepare, it ’ s a good idea to ask about their preferences and stylus. Do they want you to perform lively, danceable tunes or more boring and sappy ones ?
once you get a feel for the couple and their marry theme, check out our list of some of the best songs to sing at a marry. You can ’ triiodothyronine go improper when you perform these amatory marry songs !
What Are the 10 Most Popular Wedding Songs?
In this post, we ’ ll tell you all about the 10 most popular marry songs to sing. however, hera are some of the 10 most democratic songs to sing at a wedding over the years :
- Ray Lamontagne – You are the Best thing
- Etta James – At last
- Tom Odell – Grow Old with Me
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking out Loud
- Christina Perri – A Thousand Years
- John Legend – All of Me
- The One – Kodaline
- Bruno Mars – Marry You
- Goo Goo Dolls – Iris
- Elvis – Can ’ thymine Help Falling in Love
But blockage ! Before you add any of these wedding songs to your big day playlist, make certain you take the clock to master different musical styles as a singer. As you can see from the list of songs above, there ’ s a lot of version in the songs that are sung at a marry. Some brides and grooms might prefer pop while others like jazz .
here ’ s a agile video to acquaint you with the many different musical styles you might encounter as a marriage singer :
100+ Best Songs to Sing at a Wedding Reception
Looking for some of the best songs to sing at a marriage ceremony or reception ? This tilt should serve as an excellent begin period .
While you will, of course, want to tailor the songs you choose to the preferences of the bridget and prepare, these are good songs to sing at a wedding reception for most people !
Traditional/Classical Songs to Sing at a Wedding
Beautiful and melodic ? It ’ south no wonder so many many wedding singers turn to these tried-and-true numbers. Choose from any of these traditional and classic marriage songs, and the happy pair will be pleased you did .
1. “ Let the Bright Seraphim ” – Handel
2. “ Panis Angelicus ” – César Franck
3. “ Ave Maria ” – Bach/Gounod
4. “ Bist du bei mir ” ( If you are with me ) – Bach
5. “ irish marry song ” ( Traditional )
6. “ Ich Liebe Dich ” ( I Love You ) – Beethoven
7. “ You Raise Me Up ” – Josh Groban
And here are a few more big songs to sing at a wedding :
- “ Amazing Grace ” ( Traditional )
- “ Ave Maria ” by Schubert
- “ Have I Told You recently ” by Van Morrison
- “ I Choose You ” by Sara Bareilles
- “ I Will ” by The Beatles
- “ If not For You ” by George Harrison
- “ Ribbon in the Sky ” by Stevie Wonder
- “ We ’ ve only Just Begun ” by The Carpenters
- “ When You Say Nothing At All ” by Alison Krauss
Pop Songs (Old and New) to Sing at a Wedding
If you want everyone out on the dancefloor, then you ’ ll decidedly want to belt out some of these iconic sing-alongs. These romantic marriage songs will have everyone slow dance and cantabile along .
1. “ We ’ ve alone Just Begun ” – The Carpenters
2. “ At end ” – Etta James
3. “ Just the Way You Are ” – billy Joel
4. “ I Can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate Wait ” – Ben LaRue
5. “ All of Me ” – John Legend
6. “ Could I Have This Dance ” – Anne Murray
7. “ here and now ” – Luther Vandross
8. “ hera, There and Everywhere ” – The Beatles
9. “ Thinking Out Loud ” – Ed Sheeran
10. “ From This Moment On ” – Shania Twain
Broadway and Movie Songs for Weddings
No one can resist a good Broadway tune ! These fun show tunes are a great addition to any wedding party. Ask the couple about their favorite musicals and surprise them with one of these on their extra day .
1. “ Sunrise, Sunset ” from “ Fiddler on the Roof ”
2. “ person Like You ” from “ Jekyll and Hyde ”
3. “ Till There Was You ” from “ The Music Man ”
4. “ One Hand, One Heart ” from “ West Side Story ”
5. “ A Thousand Years ” – Sung by Christina Perri, from “ Twilight ”
6. “ Can ’ t Help Falling In Love ” – Elvis Presley, from “ Blue Hawaii ”
7. “ Evergreen ” – Barbra Streisand, from “ A Star is Born ”
8. “ There You ’ ll Be ” – Faith Hill, from “ Pearl Harbor ”
Duets to Sing at Weddings
If you ’ re performing with a band or a partner, wow the marry crowd with one of these legendary duets. Whip out your best Lionel Richie and Diana Ross performance or channel Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Duets promise double the fun !
1. “ Endless Love ” – Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
2. “ It ’ s Your Love ” – Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
3. “ The Closer I Get to You ” – Roberta Flack and Donnie Hathaway
4. “ E Più Ti Penso ” ( The More I Think of You ) – Andrea Bocelli and Ariana Grande
5. “ Lucky ” – Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
Best Songs to Sing While Getting cook at a marry
Have you been asked to jazz things up while the bride and her bridesmaids are getting dolled up ? here are some of the clear tunes to sing !
- “ A Little Party Never Killed Nobody ( All We Got ) ” by Fergie, GoonRock and QbyTip
- “ Angel ” by Shaggy ft. Rayvon
- “ Can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate Hurry Love ” by Diana Ross & The Supremes
- “ Chapel of Love ” by The Dixie Cups
- “ Dear Future Husband ” by Meghan Trainor
- “ glamorous ” by Fergie ft. Ludacris
- “ high Horse ” by Kacey Musgraves
- “ I Want You To Want Me ” by Letters to Cleo
- “ Raise Your Glass ” by Pink
- “ Shake It Off ” by Taylor Swift
- “ Single Ladies ( Put a ring on It ) ” by Beyoncé
- “ Truth Hurts ” by Lizzo
- “ Watermelon Sugar ” by Harry Styles
- “ Your Love ” by Nicki Minaj
Wedding Reception Cake Cutting Songs
here are some songs that can be sung while the newlyweds are cutting the cake by you ’ ra sure to make the juncture even sweeter with these songs !
- “ Cake by the Ocean ” by DNCE
- “ Candyman ” by Christina Aguilera
- “ Honey Bee ” by Blake Shelton
- “ How Sweet It Is ( To Be Loved By You ) ” by Marvin Gaye
- “ I Can ’ t Help Myself ( Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch ) ” by The Four Tops
- “ Pour Some Sugar On Me ” by Def Leppard
- “ Sugar, Sugar ” by The Archies
- “ Sugar ” by Flo Rida ft. Wynter
- “ Sugar ” by Maroon 5
- “ Sweet Child O ’ Mine ” by Guns N ’ Roses
- “ Sweetest Thing ” by U2
Wedding Songs for the Dances
Whehter it ’ s the church father daughter dancing, the mother son dance, or the foremost dance ( aw ! ) these are some of the best songs to sing at a marriage during the major dances :
- “ ( I ’ ve Had ) The fourth dimension of My Life ” by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
- “ 93 Million Miles ” by Jason Mraz
- “ A Song For Mama ” by Boyz 2 world
- “ All of Me ” by John Legend
- “ At final ” by Etta James
- “ Cinderella ” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “ Days Like This ” by Van Morrison
- “ Forever Young ” by Bob Dylan
- “ From the Ground Up ” by Dan + Shay
- “ God only Knows ” by The Beach Boys
- “ here Comes the Sun ” by The Beatles
- “ I Hope You Dance ” by Lee Ann Womack
- “ In My Life ” by The Beatles
- “ Isn ’ triiodothyronine She cover girl ” by Stevie Wonder
- “ It ’ second For My Dad ” by Nancy Sinatra
- “ My Girl ” by The Temptations
- “ My wish ” by Rascal Flatts
- “ One Call Away ” by Charlie Puth
- “ Sea of Love ” by Cat Power
- “ Stand by Me ” by Ben E. King
- “ That ’ s My Daughter in the Water ” by Loudon Wainwright
- “ The Book of Love ” by Peter Gabriel
- “ The First Day of My Life ” by Bright Eyes
- ” Power of Love ” by Céline Dion
- “ Thinking Out Loud ” by Ed Sheeran
- “ Tupelo Honey ” by Van Morrison
- “ What a fantastic World ” by Louie Armstrong
- “ You Are The Sunshine of My Life ” by Stevie Wonder
- “ You ’ ve Got a supporter in Me ” by Randy Newman
- “ Your Song ” by Elton Joh
curious Songs to Sing at a marriage
Get everyone giggling with these top funny songs to sing at a wedding !
- “ # Selfie ” by The Chainsmokers
- “ All About That Bass ” by Meghan Trainor
- “ Baby Got Back ” by Sir Mix-a-Lot
- “ Call Me Maybe ” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “ Cupid Shuffle ” by Cupid
- “ Friends in low Places ” by Garth Brooks
- “ Girls Just Want to Have Fun ” by Cyndi Laupe
- “ Hot Stuff ” by Donna Summer
- “ I Wan na Grow Old With You ” Adam Sandler
- “ Ice Ice Baby ” by Vanilla Ice
- “ In the mention of Love ” by Bebe Rexha and Martin Garrix
- “ Livin ’ on a Prayer ” by Bon Jovi
- “ Love on Top ” by Beyoncé
- “ Sexy And I Know It ” by LMFAO
- “ Shake Your Booty ” by KC & The Sunshine Band
- “ Sweet Caroline ” by Neil Diamond
- “ The Twist ” by Chubby Checker
- “ U Can ’ t Touch This ” by M.C. mallet
- “ Wannabe ” by Spice Girls
- “ Watch Me ( Whip/Nae Nae ) ” by Silentó
- “ wobble ” by V.I.C .
- “ You Shook Me All Night Long ” by AC/DC
Country Western Wedding Songs
Although nation might not be everyone ’ second front-runner genre, there are surely some diehards out there. These area marriage songs are some of the best songs to sing at a marry .
- “ 10,000 Hours ” by Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber
- “ Amazed ” by Lonestar
- “ Any man of Mine ” by Shania Twain
- “ Butterflies ” by Kacey Musgraves
- “ Cowboy Take Me Away ” by The Dixie Chicks
- “ Crazy ” by Patsy Cline
- “ From the Ground Up ” by Dan + Shay
- “ I Cross My Heart ” by George Strait
- “ Making Memories of Us ” by Keith Urban
- “ My Best friend ” by Tim McGraw
- “ Ring of Fire ” by Johnny Cash
acme Wedding Processional Songs
here are some of the best quixotic songs to sing at a marriage as the bride is walking in. You ’ ra sure to inspire some tears !
- “ A Thousand Years ” by Christina Perri
- “ Can ’ t Help Falling in Love ” by Haley Reinhart
- “ Halo ” by Beyoncé
- “ Heartbeats ” by José González
- “ I ’ thousand Kissing You ” by Des ’ ree
- “ La Vie En Rose ” by Ingrid Mapson
- “ Moon River ” by Audrey Hepburn
- “ Part of Your World ” by Jodi Benson ( from The Little Mermaid )
- “ somewhere Over the Rainbow ” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
- “ The inaugural Time Ever I Saw Your Face ” by Roberta Flack
- “ Wildest Dreams ” by Duomo
bang-up Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
not all of these are songs to sing at a marriage ( respective are implemental ). however, if you plan on arranging the rest of the wedding day music, it ’ s a good idea to have these tucked in your back pocket precisely in case !
- “ Air ” from “ The Water Music ” by Handel
- “ All You Need is Love ” by The Beatles
- “ Canon in D ” by Pachelbel
- “ Clarity ” by Evan Duffy
- “ Hoppípolla ” by Sigur Rós
- “ I ’ thousand Yours ” by Vitamin String Quartet
- “ If I Could Fly ” by One direction
- “ Jurassic Park Theme ” by Thomas Oliver ( from Jurassic Park )
- “ Married Life ” by Michael Giacchino ( from Up )
- “ Neville ’ second Waltz ” by Patrick Doyle ( from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire )
- “ Reign of Love ” by Coldplays
Best Wedding recession Songs
As the wedding party is leaving the ceremony, you ’ ll need to have some good songs on hand to sing to highlight their departure. here are some democratic choices :
- “ Ain ’ t No Mountain High Enough ” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- “ Can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate Take My Eyes Off of You ” by Frankie Valli
- “ Dog Days Are Over ” by Florence + The machine
- “ Everything is Awesome ” by Tegan and Sara ( from The Lego Movie )
- “ Happy Together ” by The Turtles
- “ Home ” by Edward Sharpe & the charismatic Zeros
- “ I Got You ( At The end of the Century ) ” by Wilco
- “ Life ’ s a glad Song ” by Amy Adams, Jason Segel, Chris Cooper ( from The Muppets )
- “ Signed, Sealed, Delivered ” by Stevie Wonder
- “ Wouldn ’ t it Be Nice ” by The Beach Boys
Songs to Sing When the Wedding Party Enters
once the wedding party rolls into the reception, you ’ ll need to get the guests fired up ! here are some great songs to sing when the wedding party enters so you can get everyone excited :
- “ Beautiful Day ” by U2
- “ Best Day of My Life ” by american english Authors
- “ Can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate Stop The Feeling ! ” by Justin Timberlake
- “ Club Can ’ t Handle Me ” by Flo Rida ft. David Guetta
- “ Crazy in Love ” by Beyoncé ft. JaybyZ
- “ Dynamite ” Taio Cruz
- “ First Date ” by Blink 182
- “ Forever ” by Chris Brown
- “ good Life ” by Kanye West ft. TbyPain
- “ happy ” by Pharrell Williams
- “ I Believe in a thing Called Love ” by The Darkness
- “ I Wan na Dance With Somebody ( Who Loves Me ) ” by Whitney Houston
- “ Just the Way You Are ” by Bruno Mars ” Heroes ( We Could Be ) ” by Alesso ft. Tove Lo
- “ Levels ” by Avicii
- “ Marry You ” by Bruno Mars
- “ On Top of the World ” by Imagine Dragons
- “ Shut Up and Dance ” by Walk The Moon
- “ We Found Love ” by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
strange Songs to Sing at a marry
cook to “ sing ” outside the box ? here are some singular songs to sing at a marry that are sure to surprise everyone there !
- “ 1234 ” by feist
- “ 5 Years Time ” by Noah and the Whale
- “ 500 Miles ” by Sleeping at last
- “ 7 Rings ” by Ariana Grande
- “ Another Sunny Day ” by Belle and Sebastian
- “ California Stars ” by Wilco and Billy Bragg
- “ call on Me ” by Eric Prydz
- “ Closer ” by Tegan and Sara
- “ Cuz I Love You ” by Lizzo
- “ Do You Realize ? ? ” by The Flaming Lips
- “ E.I. ” by Nelly
- “ Earth Angel ” by Death Cab for Cutie
- “ Fresh Feeling ” by Eels
- “ hera Comes Your Man ” by The Pixies
- “ Hey Ya ” by Outkast
- “ Ho Hey ” by The Lumineers
- “ I And Love And You ” by The Avett Brothers
- “ I Love It ” by Icona Pop
- “ I Never ” by Rilo Kiley
We aren ’ metric ton finished yet ! here are a few more unique marry songs :
- “ ily ( i love you baby ) ” by Surf Mesa ft. Emilee
- “ Imaginary Love ” by Rufus Wainwright
- “ It ’ s Oh So Quiet ” by Björk
- “ Just Breathe ” by Pearl Jam
- “ Just Like Heaven ” by The remedy
- “ Just Like Honey ” by The Jesus and Mary Chain
- “ Let Me Go ” by Cake
- “ Little Romance ” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “ Little Talks ” by Of Monsters and man
- “ Live Your Life ” by T.I. and Rihanna
- “ Love You For a long Time ” by Maggie Rogers
- “ Maps ” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “ Midnight City ” by M83
- “ Mo Money Mo Problems ” by The Notorious B.I.G .
- “ Poker Face ” by Lady Gaga
- “ Something Just Like This ” by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay
- “ Sweet Nothing ” by Calvin Harris and Florence and the machine
- “ There is a light That Never Goes Out ” by The Smiths
- “ There She Goes ” by The La ’ mho
…and some more !
- “ Till the World Ends ” by Britney Spears
- “ Timber ” by Pitbull ft. Ke $ hour angle
- “ today Was a Fairytale ” by Taylor Swift
- “ Uptown Funk ” by Bruno Mars
- “ Us ” by Regina Spektor
- “ Walking After You ” by Foo Fighters
- “ Years ( Acoustic ) ” by Matthew Koma
- “ You and I ” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “ Your Love ” The Outfield
religious Songs to Sing at a Wedding ceremony
Looking for some of the best christian songs to sing at a wedding ceremony ? here are some of the best choices .
- “ God Gave Me You ” by Dave Barnes
- “ I Can only Imagine ” by MercyMe
- “ I Will Be hera ” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “ Love Never Fails ” by Brandon Heath
- “ Oh Happy Day ” by Aretha Franklin
- “ The Prayer ” by Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
- “ Unfailing Love ” by Jimmy Needham
- “ Wedding Day ” by Casting Crowns
- “ When God Made You ” by Newsong ft. Natalie Grant
- “ When I Say I Do ” by Matthew West
- “ Beautiful ” by Micah Tyler
- “ Believe in Love ” by Charlie Worsham
- “ Come What May ” by Caleb and Kelsey
- “ God Made You Just For Me ” by Chad Lee
- “ Good God Almighty ” by Crowder
- “ My God ” by Jor ’ dan Armstrong
- “ My Jesus ” by Anne Wilson
- “ Next to Me ” by Jordan Feliz
- “ Right One ” by Chante Moore
- “ The Distance ” by Gary LaVox
Tips for Choosing the Best Songs to Sing at a Wedding ceremony
If you ’ re still having a hard prison term choosing which songs to sing at a marriage, think about the come :
Consider the couple.
begin by getting to know the couple. Are they die-hard area fans or jazz fanatics ? Understanding their music preferences can help guide you when choosing what songs to sing at a marry ceremony. If the match is unseasoned and hip, they may prefer stream hits and contemporary music. alternatively, if it ’ s an older pair, they may want an erstwhile standard or to go with the classics. If you know the couple personally, you might already know what kind of music they like .
Consider the ceremony.
Another authoritative thing to consider is whether the event is superintendent dinner dress or more fooling. For exemplar, if the marry is a little and intimate gather in a bantam venue, you may decide to go with an acoustic set or choose wedding songs that are more light and airy. But if it ’ s a larger marry in a bigger quad, you can get away with songs with full sounds. meanwhile, a beautiful classical song is ideal for a formal wedding in a church service, but you may want a more current love birdcall for a backyard marry with a more lay spinal column vibration .
Consider your own strengths.
The concluding thing to consider is… YOU ! When selecting any song, you have to think about your voice type, vocal ability, range, and styles that you sing comfortably in. A Handel aria would be out of some pop singers ’ ability, and besides, an opera singer may sound wholly awkward singing the Beatles. It ’ sulfur besides a well idea to go with songs that you are already familiar with. You don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to choose a song that makes you aflutter or one that you have a difficult time hitting the high notes or nailing a certain part .
You can besides check in with a voice teacher for more advice on which songs to sing. Brainstorm together, keeping your vocal music strengths in heed, to very come up with something that ’ ll affect the couple ! Your teacher can besides help you prepare for the boastful event, so you feel convinced .
What is the Number 1 Wedding song ?
The number 1 most popular wedding sung ? The Bridal Chorus, of course ! This is the tune that brides walk down the aisle to by and while it ’ s strictly an instrumental sung, it ’ s a good one to have on the playlist if you ’ re arranging the perch of the music for the consequence ( and not just the songs you ’ ll be singing ) .
ultimately, finding the best songs to sing at a marriage will come down to understanding the personalities of the bride and groom. You besides need to keep your personal strengths in mind as a singer .
You can besides check in with a voice teacher for more advice on which songs to sing. Brainstorm together, keeping your vocal strengths in mind, to truly come up with something that ’ ll impress the copulate ! Your teacher can besides help you prepare for the big consequence, so you feel convinced .
You can even take advantage of our on-line spill the beans lessons, which let you receive direction where and when works best for you. adenine hanker as you have internet access, you can connect with your private teacher whenever is most convenient for you !
At the end of the day, choosing and performing which wedding songs to perform should be a playfulness and stimulate undertaking. Weddings are beautiful, and it ’ s such a capital feel knowing you ’ rhenium put up to the experience of both the bridal party and the guests. Follow our list of the best songs to sing at a wedding, and you ’ ll be stage quick before you know it !
Post Author: Molly R.
Molly R. teaches online and in-person singing lessons in Hayward, CA. Her specialties include teaching beginner vocalists, shy singers, children, teens, lapsed singers, and older beginners. She joined TakeLessons in November 2013. mollie R.Molly R. teaches on-line and in-person singe lessons in Hayward, CA. Her specialties include teaching novice vocalists, shy singers, children, teens, lapsed singers, and older beginners. She joined TakeLessons in November 2013. Learn more about mollie here ! Interested in Private Lessons?
Search thousands of teachers for local and live, on-line lessons. Sign up for convenient, low-cost individual lessons today !
search for Your teacher photograph by Krystian Olszanski
mollie R. teaches on-line and in-person singe lessons in Hayward, CA. Her specialties include teaching founder vocalists, shy singers, children, teens, lapsed singers, and older beginners. She joined TakeLessons in November 2013 .Molly R.