Spoiler Alert: WARNING! This page happens to contain a lot of heavy spoilers that are all originated from the Overlord Light Novel series written by the author Kugane Maruyama. To every Anime-only watchers and Manga-only reader out there viewing this warning, please mindfully consider your decision first before choosing to expose yourself on reading the information below. If you’re not currently up-to-date with the main source material in the official books, do consider staying away from the page for non-spoiler sake until you actually read it first ahead of time.
- Heteromorphic Race
- Insect Druid (Cockroach)
- Great Tomb of Nazarick
- Five Worst
- Great Tomb of Nazarick
- 2nd Floor: Black Capsule
Negative 10: Neutral
Overlord volume 6
Overlord Chapter 18.5
Overlord III Episode 7
Kyouhukou ( 恐怖公 ) is an area defender of the Black Capsule ( 黒棺 ( ブラック・カプセル ) ) on the second Floor of the Great Tomb of Nazarick .
Kyouhukou ‘s appearance is that of a 30-centimeter tall cockroach standing on its two legs with its head facing fore. He wears a undimmed bolshevik cape decorated with deluxe golden threads around the border and a bantam golden crown on top of his drumhead. He possesses a scepter with a saturated white muffin embedded at the end, which he is frequently seen holding with his front man leg .
Kyouhukou ‘s personality displays a trace of nobility like his attire would suggest. He speaks politely and overall seems to think of himself as a noble gentleman. He is considered open-minded and is will to hear out a person ‘s circumstances even if it means rejecting their avail late. In a manner, Kyouhukou is reasonably reasonable to Nazarick residents like Hamsuke, who he helps when she gets lost .
According to the author Maruyama, Kyouhukou ‘s room has a ambush that targets characters with a female outside and forcibly teleports them to the roach stone. [ 1 ]
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
Cocytus notices that his acquaintance Kyouhukou is not present at the guardians ‘ suffer on the 6th Floor. He is informed that the meet is merely for the Floor Guardians. Later, Ainz asks for the Floor Guardians to report the changes in Nazarick to the Area Guardians, including Kyouhukou. [ 2 ]
The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
- Main article: The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
According to Cocytus, Kyouhukou had once said that Entoma Vasilissa Zeta is the scariest one to him based on her identity as a Familiar Eater. [ 3 ]
The Search for Hamusuke Arc
- Main article: The Search for Hamusuke Arc
Kyouhukou encounters Hamsuke on the second floor when she by chance enters the Black Capsule after being frightened away by the undead. Learning that she is lost, the cockroach gives her one of his subjects to guide her to the 6th Floor. [ 4 ]
The Two Leaders Arc
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
ascribable to a problem that arises with Albedo not being able to properly ride on her mobilize Bicorn, Shalltear Bloodfallen advises her to seek out Kyouhukou, as he is a very skilled summoner of his species and has knowledge on assisting the matter. however, Albedo refuses because she happens to bear a dislike for him. Shalltear recalls how Kyouhukou would sometimes try to crawl up through one ‘s clothes. It is besides revealed that others like Entoma much visit Kyouhukou ‘s residence and that she is using his room as her nosh room. According to Shalltear, her body itches good thinking about the area Kyouhukou resides in as she describes it to be a room of terror. Although it is contribution of the floor under her control, she has no wishes of ever visiting Kyouhukou for that reason. [ 5 ]
The valet in the Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom Arc
Kyouhukou is mentioned by Mare and Aura as the one who tortured Hilma into revealing all of Eight Fingers ‘ secrets, with Hilma having become so traumatize that she will do anything she is told in order to avoid having to deal with him again. Later on, the siblings bring the remaining executive members of Eight Fingers to him so that he may interrogate them. [ 6 ]
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
According to Demiurge, Kyouhukou, aboard Mare and Neuronist Painkill, is able to successfully reduce the authority of those in power from the Eight Fingers. With the aid of these three in their operation, they begin to slowly infiltrate their organization ‘s ranks until the Re-Estize Kingdom comes under Nazarick ‘s full restraint. [ 7 ] Kyouhukou greets Gringham and one of his comrades after they are teleported his knowledge domain, the Black Capsule. The cockroach engages them in a civilized conversation, telling them where they are and answering their questions until they try to negotiate their escape, and in bend, Kyouhukou finds this humorous. Seeing that his subjects have been resorting to cannibalism to survive and an opportunity for fresh meat is immediately in front of them, the cockroach gives the order to devour the two workers. [ 8 ]
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Kyouhukou is mentioned again by Shalltear, who intends to take Cocco Doll to the Black Capsule to have him educated in being patriotic to Ainz Ooal Gown. [ 9 ]
notice : The take after section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.
mass for the Dead Arc
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
Kyouhukou was among the NPCs that were killed when Nazarick transferred to the New World. The worm was finally revived in due time of Nazarick ‘s reconstruction phase. During ALbedo ‘s diet, she reported that the cockroach reported that his subjects have been growing in large numbers more than he could handle either due to the increase amount of food or because a certain maid was not snacking on them. [ 10 ]
By the time of Nazarick ‘s reconstruction, Entoma was bet on on her usual act of dropping by the Black Capsule for a quick bite. [ 11 ] In the Miyoshi Cup, Kyouhukou acted as the estimate for the Fourth Competition, where he disqualified said maid from the consequence after she ate some of his subjects. [ 12 ]
end of NON-CANON contentedness
- In the Web Novel, his creator was Luci★Fer and he is good at dancing.
- His name means “Duke of Terror.”
- Kyouhukou fears Entoma, calling her the “Predator of Family,” because Entoma sometimes eats cockroaches as snacks.
- Kyouhukou briefly appears in the sixth episode of Pure Pure Pleiades during the credits.
- Kyouhukou is the first Overlord character who first appears in a Special Chapter of the Manga.
- 28 out of 41 guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown are scared of Kyouhukou’s existence.
- (To two members of Heavy Masher): “Ah, I apologize. This one is Kyouhukou, the one entrusted with this territory from Ainz-sama. Please to meet your acquaintance.”
- (To two members of Heavy Masher): “Of course, that would be something you wish for. But even if you do leave this room, you are currently on the 2nd Floor of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. I must advise you that it would be extremely difficult to return above ground.”
- (To two members of Heavy Masher): “This one already has everything one could wish for in its hand. I doubt you would be able to provide what I desire.”
- (To two members of Heavy Masher): “But you seem to be confused as to why I was thanking you earlier, so I wish to provide you with an explanation. You see, my subjects are getting tired of cannibalism. To you, who will be the food that will serve as the solution, I give my thanks once again.”
- (To two members of Heavy Masher): “It may be unfortunate for you two, but now it is time to have you for dinner.”