2022 Edition Now Available!
Ace your FAA written test, save money during flight training, and become a better pilot with Sporty ’ s Learn to Fly Course. This flexible train platform allows you to create your own train design and learn at your own pace. Over 15 hours of HD video and animations explain everything you need to know to earn your Private Pilot security and feel convinced in the left seat. Combine that with powerful test homework tools, a comprehensive document library, and convenient app options, and you have aviation ’ s most accomplished educate class .
- New TV apps: Watch Sporty’s immersive 4K video on your big screen TV. For 2022 we’re introducing an all-new Apple TV app with review quizzes, a new Amazon Fire TV app, a new Android TV app, plus Chromecast and Roku support.
- Audio training: Listen to each segment when you can’t watch the video, either on the go or while you work out. Intuitive app layout makes it easy to switch between video and audio with one touch.
- PowerStudy test prep: Nobody has better test prep tools than Sporty’s. Now you can take advantage of every feature online, in the iOS app, or in the Android app. This includes advanced study modes, complete learning history, and the ability to create custom quizzes based on past sessions.
- Flight instructor portal: Include your CFI in your at-home training. It’s easy to share your progress in the course and complete a pre-solo test that’s sent to your instructor. Plus, we’ll keep a record of training to document your preparation.
- Integrates with AOPA Flight Training Advantage: Connect your training progress and Sporty’s course for a seamless training experience, inside and outside the airplane.
- New video segments: Always the heart of the course, Sporty’s video segments are updated and expanded for 2022. New videos cover the latest changes to airspace, tips for flight planning with Garmin avionics, and new ForeFlight weather tools.
- New online dashboard: Stay organized with Sporty’s online training platform. Create your own profile to manage your progress, get tips for better test performance, and view links to helpful resources.
10 reasons pilots prefer Sporty’s courses:
1. Five formats, one price
We know you ’ re busy, so our course is available about anywhere. Use our on-line eruditeness platform for complete access to videos and quizzes anywhere you have an internet connection. There ’ sulfur no software to install – precisely log in and start determine. Or use our dedicated fluid apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, or Android television receiver, which allow you to download videos for offline wake. Progress automatically syncs between all formats so you can start a study school term on your earphone and finish on your laptop without missing a beat.
2. Get your written test
When you complete the course, we ’ ll give you the flight teacher endorsement to take the written test—instantly ! You can take this sanction to the FAA testing center, and log it in your ForeFlight logbook. It ‘s arrant preparation for the FAA Knowledge Test .
3. Pass all your tests—guaranteed!
Our course is so complete we guarantee you ’ ll pass all three tests : the written, oral and flight. Our television segments make complicated subjects like aerodynamics and upwind easy to understand, so you ’ ll affect the examiner. Plus, our Airman Certification Standards Study Guide cross-references every want job to the video recording, making it easy to review for the checkride .
4. Dynamic in-flight video
Sporty ’ sulfur courses are celebrated for their HD video recording and 3D animations. not a bore anchor school, we put you in the cockpit for a substantial world attend at what flying is all about. You ’ ll see the flight maneuvers from the left seat, and you ’ ll hear actual communications with air dealings see. Plus, each television segment includes helpful review notes for efficient learn, and many besides have review quizzes to reinforce key concepts .
5. 32 fully-narrated HD
In addition to the comprehensive television segments, Sporty ’ mho Learn to Fly course besides includes a detail maneuvers guide. All 32 maneuvers you might be tested on are included, with a 3D liveliness of the maneuver, narrate procedures, common errors, and completion standards. It ’ s a great way to review for the checkride .
6. Powerful test prep
You ’ ll ace the written test with our interactional tools. Create customized study sessions from our proprietorship database of over 1,000 FAA test questions and see the right and amiss answers, plus plain english explanations written by our team of CFIs. Detailed analytics show you which areas need the most avail, and allow you to study only the questions you ’ ve missed. then, take a practice quiz that simulates the very cognition exam you ‘ll have to pass .
7. Flight instructor tracking
We make it easy for your teacher to follow your build up through the course, so you constantly stay in synchronize with your in-person lessons. Invite a CFI to see your practice screen scores and review your video progress .
8. Ask a CFI
If you ‘re stumped by a unmanageable national, talk to the feel flight instructors at Sporty ‘s. We have a team of over 25 CFIs on staff at our escape school, training students every day merely like you, so they can offer immediate, helpful answers. Just click the Ask a CFI clitoris to send a message .
9. Complete training
syllabus and ACS
research shows that pilots learn better when they use a senior high school quality course of study. We include a complete Training Course Outline as share of our class – the lapp one we use in our fledge school. It includes detail outlines for both ground and flight lessons. think of it as a bridge between your at-home analyze and flight educate. Our course besides includes the full text of the FAA ’ s Airman Certification Standards ( ACS ) – your guide to the checkride – and cross-references each task to the video segments .
10. Free lifetime updates
When you buy a Sporty ‘s course, you ‘re gaining entree to a training platform that ‘s always up to date and always improving. We are continually adding newfangled television segments to reflect new regulations and engineering. We besides refresh our FAA examination question database regularly, so you do n’t study outdated topics. There ‘s no extra fee or subscription to receive these updates – just log in and learn !
More powerful features:
- Covers Private, Recreational, and Sport Pilot – train for one or all three certificates with one course.
- Download videos for offline viewing in the app or stream them with an internet connection.
- Automatic progress sync between all formats.
- Smart study sessions help you drill on your weakest subjects.
- Unlimited practice tests and study sessions.
- Air Facts segments go beyond the textbook to make you a proficient pilot.
- Review notes and quick quizzes after most videos help you review your progress.
- Closed captioned videos help students whose first language is not English.
- Connect to your ForeFlight logbook to log your written test endorsement.
- Redbird GIFT integration: use Sporty’s course with Redbird simulators.
- Earn FAA WINGS credit and save on your insurance.
- Automatic updates mean you learn the latest information.
The Aviation Consumer’s top pick
“ The course videos are professional, well-organized and come with a highly utilitarian search function. ” “ It ’ s closely impossible to find mistake with this course. ”
“ It puts desirable focus on aeronautical decision-making and real-world flying scenarios. ” “ Our top pick … Its content is engaging, intuitive, highly portable and provides the greatest issue of learn options for all aspects of initial training. ”
Attention flight schools
Want to use Sporty ‘s courses in your flight school ? We can help ! Sign up to be a Sporty ‘s Dealer and enjoy attractive wholesale price on many Sporty ‘s train products. Our courses are used in dozens of flight schools every day, from little Part 61 schools to large Part 141-approved schools, and can improve both customer atonement and completion rates. Contact Mark Wiesenhahn with questions .
Sporty’s Pilot Training+
Want outright access to Sporty ‘s courses plus exempt ship and flight trail scholarships ? Join Sporty ‘s Pilot Training+, an all-in-one membership program that includes access to our Learn to Fly Course, plus much more. Plans start at just $ 49/month. Click here for details
AVAILABLE ON ALL YOUR DEVICES, TRY FOR FREE:
Online Course using a network browser – Login here
iPhone/iPad in Sporty ‘s Pilot Training app – Apple App Store
AppleTV app – 4th Generation AppleTV or newer Android in Sporty ‘s Pilot Training app – Google Play Store RokuTV App – search for the Sporty ‘s Pilot Training Channel on your Roku device
Fly at Sporty’s Academy
Stop dream and start flying at Sporty ’ s world headquarter in Cincinnati, Ohio. The like experienced, professional instructors that bring you Sporty ’ mho award-winning fly train courses on DVD or on-line are available to fly with you at the celebrated Sporty ’ s Academy Flight Training Center – Clermont County Airport ( I69 ). Whether you want to enroll in a train run to earn a fender security or plainly take a flight, Sporty ’ sulfur Academy is here to serve your aviation needs in a fleet of impeccably maintained aircraft. SportysAcademy.com or email Fly @ SportysAcademy.com. besides includes Recreational and Sport Pilot Learning tracks.
Course Update History
What’s New in Version 7.0 – October 26, 2020
-Updated to the new Sporty ‘s 2021 Learn to Fly Course
-New video segments : Sporty ’ south courses are celebrated for up-to-date HD video recording, and the 2021 edition adds plenty of fresh segments, including on using escape following with air traffic control condition, planning a cross-country flight with an iPad, and using ForeFlight ’ s Imagery tab.
-All-new on-line platform : Log into Sporty ’ mho Pilot Training platform in your web browser and you ’ ll find an all-new count. The same great information is there, but it ’ randomness faster, easier to use, and wholly mobile friendly.
-Test homework question search : nowadays you can build your own study seance from any keyword you choose. Want to brush up on airspace ? Just search for that phrase and start studying relevant questions.
-Microsoft Flight Simulator lessons : This detailed example guide is the bridge between Sporty ’ s course and the latest base flight simulator. Includes 14 suggested prepare flights, complete with objective, scenarios, and performance goals.
-Enhanced flash card mode : Our new flash card mode, for both written test and checkride homework, allows you to digitally flip the cards and see how well you ’ ve mastered significant topics.
-ACS with embedded videos : The FAA ’ s Airman Certification Standards document is your template to the checkride and only Sporty ’ s includes relate video recording segments for each section—it ’ s the ultimate checkride training tool.
-Bring your own documents : Sporty ’ randomness Learn to Fly Course includes dozens of helpful FAA documents, but now you can upload your own files, whether it ’ s a scan copy of your airplane ’ s manual or your flight school ’ s procedures.
-Video transcripts : Perfect for inspection sessions, or for students whose first linguistic process is not english, the course now includes complete transcripts for each television segment. What’s
New in Version 6.1 – April 1, 2020
– Includes a new segment in Chapter 6 on flying high Performance and Complex airplanes.
– Added a Pre-Solo test to use your with your teacher in preparation for your foremost solo flight in an airplane.
What’s New in Version 6.0 –
October 21, 2019
Updated to the new Sporty ‘s 2020 Learn to Fly Course
Adds ten new video segments covering the follow topics- Communications at towered and non-towered airports
– Advanced landing techniques, including how to handle crosswinds, no-flap landings and recovering from faulty landings
– How glass-cockpit systems work and how to fly with digital flight instruments
– Techniques for using the iPad during flight training
– How to use the Graphical Forecast for Aviation (GFA) weather resource
– New segment on flying high-performance and complex airplanes
New Test Prep Tools
– Sporty’s Pilot Training app, available for iOS and Android and included with your purchase, adds a number of powerful test prep tools. The app tracks your progress in multiple subject areas, so you can focus on your weakest topics for maximum efficiency. Once you’ve studied each area, create a study session based on all marked questions or all missed questions. You can also create a smart study session, where the app learns from your progress and creates customized quizzes to drill on topics that need improvement.
Test Prep Syncing
– All online and app platforms include a new syncing engine that allows you to resume and review all test prep sessions on any of your devices, regardless of where the session was started.
– interactive Checkride Prep Flashcards are an easy way to test your knowledge of key subjects, ensuring you’ll be ready to talk about regulations, airspace, and systems. Next, a complete practical test checklist explains everything you need for the big day, from certificates to logbook entries. Finally, a special video segment shows you what to expect on the checkride, with tips from an active pilot examiner.
New Smart TV Apps
– New for 2020, full Chromecast integration and an all-new RokuTV channel (in addition to our existing Apple TV app) mean you can watch Sporty’s videos almost anywhere.
Handbooks – Adds access to over 25 popular FAA resources. From the Airplane Flying Handbook to important Advisory Circulars, it’s all here – over $300 in books for free. In the Pilot Training app, you can view full resolution color PDFs and use powerful document tools like bookmarks and search to organize your studying.
This is a free update for all existing users, and new customers will get lifetime updates after purchase.
– Communications at loom and non-towered airports- Advanced land techniques, including how to handle crosswinds, no-flap landings and recovering from defective landings- How glass-cockpit systems work and how to fly with digital trajectory instruments- Techniques for using the iPad during flight training- How to use the Graphical Forecast for Aviation ( GFA ) weather resource- New segment on flying high-performance and complex airplanesNew Test Prep Tools – Sporty ’ mho Pilot Training app, available for io and Android and included with your purchase, adds a number of mighty test homework tools. The app tracks your progress in multiple subject areas, so you can focus on your weakest topics for utmost efficiency. Once you ’ ve studied each area, create a cogitation seance based on all punctuate questions or all miss questions. You can besides create a fresh study seance, where the app learns from your progress and creates customized quizzes to drill on topics that need improvement.Test Prep Syncing – All on-line and app platforms include a raw syncing engine that allows you to resume and review all test homework sessions on any of your devices, regardless of where the session was started.Checkride Prep – interactional Checkride Prep Flashcards are an comfortable manner to test your cognition of key subjects, ensuring you ’ ll be cook to talk about regulations, airspace, and systems. next, a complete hardheaded test checklist explains everything you need for the bad day, from certificates to logbook entries. ultimately, a special video recording segment shows you what to expect on the checkride, with tips from an active pilot examiner.New Smart TV Apps – New for 2020, full Chromecast consolidation and an all-new RokuTV impart ( in summation to our existing Apple TV app ) think of you can watch Sporty ’ randomness video recording about anywhere.FAA Handbooks – Adds access to over 25 democratic FAA resources. From the Airplane Flying Handbook to crucial Advisory Circulars, it ’ s all here – over $ 300 in books for free. In the Pilot Training app, you can view entire resoluteness discolor PDFs and use herculean document tools like bookmarks and search to organize your studying.This is a unblock update for all existing users, and new customers will get life updates after purchase.
June 7, 2019 The Learn to Fly Course in the mobile Pilot Training app for io and Android nowadays includes all the FAA Handbooks for commodious studying. These are viewable in a fresh brawny document proofreader in both app platforms, that allows for easier recitation, searching and bookmarking when viewing each document. What’s New in Version 5.4 – February 15, 2019 Five new video segments added covering fender communication procedures at non-towered airports, Class B, Class C, Class D airspace and airports, and en route communications with ATC. What’s New in Version 5.3 – January 31, 2019 New Sporty ‘s Roku Pilot Training Channel allows you to access the Learn to Fly Course on the popular Roku smartTV platform. besides adds Chromecast hold for the Android interpretation of the Pilot Training app .
What’s New in Version 5.2 – December 23, 2018 The iPhone and iPad apps were updated with an better Test Prep interface. The new invention includes colorblind handiness enhancements and provides a better know when studying for FAA tests on the iPhone ‘s smaller screen.
Read more: The 20 best songs of 2021
What’s New in Version
5.1 – December 7, 2018 The Android app now includes complete FAA test homework features, allowing you to study test homework questions, answers and detail explanations for the Private, Sport and Recreational Pilot tests. The app besides immediately allows you to take simulate practice tests and earn your cognition test endorsement based on your android quiz results .
- Requires Chrome, Safari, FireFox, Internet Explorer or iPad/Android web browser
- iOS app requires iOS 11 or higher
- AppleTV app requires 4th generation AppleTV or newer
- Accepted for FAA Wings Credit